Frequently Asked Questions
Online Shopping Open: October 1st - 4th, 2020.
Pick up items in Salem, Oregon on October 10th & 11th!
Have a question? We have answers!
Click on the toggle bars below with your specific question and the answer will be revealed 🙂
How Do I Get Started Consigning?
What Can/Can't I Sell?
Currently, we are accepting ALL items for sale. YES, anything that is in great condition! ANYTHING!! Especially the items listed below:
- Clothing that pertains to the SEASON of the sale.
- Children’s Clothing (infant thru size 16): including hats, socks, and other accessories.
- Maternity & Nursing Clothes
- Swimwear all year round! As well as footed PJ’s
- Baby Equipment (must be thoroughly cleaned): high chairs, strollers, backpacks, gates, car seats, etc.
- Baby Furniture: cribs,(must be manufactured after July 2011) toddler beds, dressers, bassinets, cradles, rocking chairs, changing table, etc.
- Large & Small Outdoor Toys: slides, play houses, sand boxes, play structures, ride-on toys, wagons, etc.
- Shoes (in Excellent Condition)
- Baby Essentials: bottles, diapers, diaper wraps, wipe warmers, etc.
- Feeding/Nursing supplies/pumps/bathing supplies
- Books, Video’s, DVD’s & more
- Home Goods
- Basically, ANYTHING that has to do with a baby, kid, or pregnancy that is NOT recalled or distasteful!
We DO NOT accept:
- Stained or torn clothing
- FOR Fall /Winter sales: NO shorts, tanks, OBVIOUS SUMMER CLOTHES
- FOR Spring/Summer sales: NO Ski boots, Ski bibs, BIG HEAVY WINTER COATS.
- Clothing older than 5 years.
- Battery operated items without batteries (buyers must be assured the item works properly) if you bring a toy without batteries in it, it will be donated!
- Shoes that show signs of wear or that are stained
- Broken items or items with missing pieces
- R-Rated VHS or DVD’s
- Music CD’s with explicit lyrics
- Stuffed Animals- Exceptions are Disney Characters & Build-a-Bear Animals
- DROP sided cribs… due to safety concerns
- Clothing or any items with any smell of smoke or animals
I paid my consignor fee, but I don't have a consignor #. What do I do?
IF you don’t read all the warnings about clicking back to my link www.bbdsale.com after paying through PAYPAL, then your registration will NOT go through. All the info you entered in for your registration is GONE into HYPERSPACE; YOUR PAYMENT will ALWAYS go through as it is completely seperate from the My Sales Manager program.
If this has happened to you..Please RE-REGISTER pay your fee again, and I will refund you your second payment..YOU need to email me from the contact page and tell me this has happened so I can go to PayPal and refund you.
So remember to click back on the link, remember this too.. PayPal will time out so you have about 15 minutes to complete the registration or again all your info will be lost..
When you are transferred to Paypal to pay.. You do NOT need to have a paypal account in order to register you can be a guest with a credit card.. just follow the prompts
WARNING!! YOU must click back on the www.bbdsale.com link in order for your registration to be complete!
Where do I enter my inventory?
You will enter your inventory and print tags with the My Sales Manager program.
If you look at the CONSIGNOR HOME PAGE this is your COVER sheet if you will, of you and the Sale. Here is where you can see if you are registered, have paid, signed up for a drop off shift, volunteer shifts, and your totals (sold items) that will be posted each night of the sale.
UNDERSTAND that the estimated earnings is based at 65% and if you volunteer and get a higher % you will not see that until the sale is COMPLETELY OVER and I have printed the checks. You will see a Seller report again at the END of the sale that shows you items sold and the % you are paid, and a DONATION report that you will be able to print off for taxes.
Enter inventory/ Print tags.. is where you will enter your items into the database. Choose from the categories, sizes, in the drop down boxes, and then put your price and check the box if you want to DISCOUNT or DONATE the item. You will pick this for each and every item you enter.
The discount means your item will go 25% off on Saturday and 50% off on Sunday. Don’t forget that consignors shop FRIDAY night (25% off) and SATURDAY night (50% off) for just 2 hours, 5-7pm.
When is the deadline for entering my items into my Inventory?
Inventory closes at 12:00PM on Saturday September 26th.
Do I have to pay the $10.00 once for each sale?
The $10.00 FEE is for EVERY SALE. This $10.00 helps pay for the building, and the advertising. Fee goes up to $12.50 the month before the sale starts so sign up ASAP.
Can I get my $10.00 back if I am unable to participate, or use it for another sale?
As we all know LIFE comes up, and it’s usually procrastination that gets us, so my suggestion before you register is LOOK at the SALE you want to participate in.
Make sure you have all the info to make the decision so that you can participate.
CHECK your calendar and make sure you are in TOWN and then go for it, REGISTER with no hesitations.
Where is the sale?
ONLINE ONLY!!!! Go to our Shop BBD Sale page to get the latest information.
All purchases are to be picked up in Salem, Oregon: 2927 Broadway St. NE, Suite 100 Salem, Oregon 97303
What are the dates and times of the sale?
I am out of town during drop off. Can someone else drop off for me?
ABSOLUTELY!! There are just a few things you need to know about that.
DROP OFF: You will need to email me with the NAME of the person who will be dropping off for you. Send me an email that says, (name) so and so my AUNT, SISTER, etc.. will be dropping off for me and I will give them direction on basics of what to do at drop off. I will have all my items prepared according to the guidelines listed on the website, If not my person will be asked to do so for you, as we don’t have the manpower to get your items ready for drop off..
I am having trouble printing tags. How do I get 10 tags on a sheet?
- Your tags should print 10 on one sheet of CARDSTOCK paper, yes it has to be CARDSTOCK, (as regular paper falls off so EASILY) They should be 2 inches (Ht) by 3 1/4 (Lth).. and the barcode should be readable, not smudgy.
- You should use INTERNET EXPLORER as the browser of choice. If you have a Mac please see the following notes below on how to print tags from a Mac.. Barcodes on the bottom two tags print on second page.
- * Don’t change the margin settings on the printer in the printer setup dialogs
- * Go into print preview (FILE > PRINT PREVIEW in their browser) and make sure they have the tags set to print at 100% size (125% will cause the barcodes of the last two tags to print on the second page)
- To the best of my current understanding, this issue is only reported by people who are printing on a Mac and using Safari, but only by a handful, most using a Mac do not have a problem. Switching to IE often helps, but not necessarily in all cases. I have also had one user report this issue with using Google Chrome, and switching to IE to actually print the tags resolved the problem.** UPDATE ** 9/18/2011Users on Macs are reporting that printing their tags in Google Chrome rather than Safari or Firefox resolves the issue for them.
I'm helping at the sale. Can my hubby, sister or mom help too? Will it count towards my shift and an increased percentage of items sold?
YES!!! Seriously anyone can help who is PHYSICALLY able to work. It would be very hard for me to assign a job to a handicapped person. I understand that we all have limitations of some kind, most of the time I can find a position for everyone, but the majority of helpers are physically fit and can handle a fast pace environment. Not to mention it’s a ton of FUN seeing the whole sale unfold!
IF someone else helps for you, please email me and let me know as I want to make sure the person would be suited for the day and time you are planning on helping. It would count towards your shifts and an increase in the percentage of items sold. IF someone doesn’t show for their shift, they are placed on a PROHIBITED list and are unable to help at our sale again.
OUR whole sale runs totally by HELPERS ONLY!! No one is paid a wage, just a percent based on the consigned items sold.
CONSIGNOR & HELPER SCHEDULE
Saturday, September 26th
12:00pm - Last day to enter inventory!!
Thurs. - Sun. October 1st - 4th
Online Shopping: Open to the Public! 8pm!
1pm - Paid Presale
New moms/Foster parents/adoptive- 3pm
Heroes - 6pm
Monday & Tuesday, October 5th & 6th
Consignor prepare sold items.
Wednesday & Thursday, October 7th - 8th
2927 Broadway St. NE, Suite 100 Salem, Oregon 97303
Saturday & Sunday, October 10th - 11th
Shoppers pick up purchased items here:
2927 Broadway St. NE, Suite 100 Salem, Oregon 97303
Fall 2020 Schedule
Online shopping open to the public.
Friday, October 2nd,
Shopping open to the public.
Saturday, October 3rd,
Shopping open to the public. 25% OFF!
Sunday, October 4th,
Shopping open to the public. 50% OFF starts at noon!
October 10th & 11th
Shoppers pick up purchased items on October 10th - 11th in Salem, Oregon.
Want to shop early? Grab your Presale Pass before we open to the public!
Are you a first responder, teacher or nurse? Click for a HEROES time to shop. Are you a Foster Parent, expecting a child, or have a baby under 1 year old? Click for New Moms and Foster parents time to shop!
Purchases Pick Up LOCATION:
Salem, Oregon Building
2927 Broadway St. NE, Suite 100
Salem OR 97303