Frequently Asked Questions
Next Sale: May 15th-19th 2019. Oregon State Fairgrounds
Have a question? We have answers!
Click on the toggle bars below with your specific question and the answer will be revealed 🙂
How Do I Get Started Consigning?
What Can/Can't I Sell?
- Clothing that pertains to the SEASON of the sale.
- Children’s Clothing (infant thru size 16): including hats, socks, and other accessories.
- Maternity & Nursing Clothes
- Swimwear all year round! As well as footed PJ’s
- Baby Equipment (must be thoroughly cleaned): high chairs, strollers, backpacks, gates, car seats, etc.
- Baby Furniture: cribs,(must be manufactured after July 2011) toddler beds, dressers, bassinets, cradles, rocking chairs, changing table, etc.
- Large & Small Outdoor Toys: slides, play houses, sand boxes, play structures, ride-on toys, wagons, etc.
- Shoes (in Excellent Condition)
- Baby Essentials: bottles, diapers, diaper wraps, wipe warmers, etc.
- Feeding/Nursing supplies/pumps/bathing supplies
- Books, Video’s, DVD’s & more
- Home Goods
- Basically, ANYTHING that has to do with a baby, kid, or pregnancy that is NOT recalled or distasteful!
We DO NOT accept:
- Stained or torn clothing
- FOR Fall /Winter sales: NO shorts, tanks, OBVIOUS SUMMER CLOTHES
- FOR Spring/Summer sales: NO Ski boots, Ski bibs, BIG HEAVY WINTER COATS.
- Clothing older than 5 years.
- Battery operated items without batteries (buyers must be assured the item works properly) if you bring a toy without batteries in it, it will be donated!
- Shoes that show signs of wear or that are stained
- Broken items or items with missing pieces
- R-Rated VHS or DVD’s
- Music CD’s with explicit lyrics
- Stuffed Animals- Exceptions are Disney Characters & Build-a-Bear Animals
- DROP sided cribs… due to safety concerns
- Clothing or any items with any smell of smoke or animals
I paid my consignor fee, but I don't have a consignor #. What do I do?
IF you don’t read all the warnings about clicking back to my link www.bbdsale.com after paying through PAYPAL, then your registration will NOT go through. All the info you entered in for your registration is GONE into HYPERSPACE; YOUR PAYMENT will ALWAYS go through as it is completely seperate from the My Sales Manager program.
If this has happened to you..Please RE-REGISTER pay your fee again, and I will refund you your second payment..YOU need to email me from the contact page and tell me this has happened so I can go to PayPal and refund you.
So remember to click back on the link, remember this too.. PayPal will time out so you have about 15 minutes to complete the registration or again all your info will be lost..
When you are transferred to Paypal to pay.. You do NOT need to have a paypal account in order to register you can be a guest with a credit card.. just follow the prompts
WARNING!! YOU must click back on the www.bbdsale.com link in order for your registration to be complete!
Where do I enter my inventory?
You will enter your inventory and print tags with the My Sales Manager program.
If you look at the CONSIGNOR HOME PAGE this is your COVER sheet if you will, of you and the Sale. Here is where you can see if you are registered, have paid, signed up for a drop off shift, volunteer shifts, and your totals (sold items) that will be posted each night of the sale.
UNDERSTAND that the estimated earnings is based at 65% and if you volunteer and get a higher % you will not see that until the sale is COMPLETELY OVER and I have printed the checks. You will see a Seller report again at the END of the sale that shows you items sold and the % you are paid, and a DONATION report that you will be able to print off for taxes.
Enter inventory/ Print tags.. is where you will enter your items into the database. Choose from the categories, sizes, in the drop down boxes, and then put your price and check the box if you want to DISCOUNT or DONATE the item. You will pick this for each and every item you enter.
The discount means it will your item will go 25% off on Saturday and 50% off on Sunday. Don’t forget that consignors shop FRIDAY night(25% off) and SATURDAY night(50% off) for just 2 hours, 5-7pm.
When is the deadline for entering my items into my Inventory?
Inventory closes at 7am on
Do I have to pay the $10.00 once for each sale?
The $10.00 FEE is for EVERY SALE. This $10.00 helps pay for the building, and the advertising. Fee goes up to $12.50 the month before the sale starts so sign up ASAP.
Can I get my $10.00 back if I am unable to participate, or use it for another sale?
As we all know LIFE comes up, and it’s usually procrastination that gets us, so my suggestion before you register is LOOK at the SALE you want to participate in.
Make sure you have all the info to make the decision so that you can participate.
CHECK your calendar and make sure you are in TOWN and then go for it, REGISTER with no hesitations.
Where is the sale?
Moving forward, we are only hosting our events in Salem, Oregon at the Oregon State Fairgrounds 2330 17th Street NE Salem, OR 97301.
What are the dates and times of the sale?
I am out of town during drop off/pick up. Can someone else drop off or pick up for me?
ABSOLUTELY!! There are just a few things you need to know about that.
DROP OFF: You will need to email me with the NAME of the person who will be dropping off for you. Send me an email that says, (name) so and so my AUNT, SISTER, etc.. will be dropping off for me and I will give them direction on basics of what to do at drop off. I will have all my items prepared according to the guidelines listed on the website, If not my person will be asked to do so for you, as we don’t have the manpower to get your items ready for drop off..
PICK UP: is the same, send me an email telling me that so and so is picking up for you, as I am giving them your check and your items. The only risk you run by having someone else pick up for you is that YOU know your items and THEY most likely DO NOT, yes even DADS:) so our no tag/stained area is scanned by consignors as they pick up their items..also now that you pull your own clothing off the racks by your SORT code, (below your price) they may struggle with this. BUT basically, if any of your items are abandoned, they will be donated to our charity.
I am having trouble printing tags. How do I get 10 tags on a sheet?
- Your tags should print 10 on one sheet of CARDSTOCK paper, yes it has to be CARDSTOCK, (as regular paper falls off so EASILY) They should be 2 inches (Ht) by 3 1/4 (Lth).. and the barcode should be readable, not smudgy.
- You should use INTERNET EXPLORER as the browser of choice. If you have a Mac please see the following notes below on how to print tags from a Mac.. Barcodes on the bottom two tags print on second page.
- * Don’t change the margin settings on the printer in the printer setup dialogs
- * Go into print preview (FILE > PRINT PREVIEW in their browser) and make sure they have the tags set to print at 100% size (125% will cause the barcodes of the last two tags to print on the second page)
- To the best of my current understanding, this issue is only reported by people who are printing on a Mac and using Safari, but only by a handful, most using a Mac do not have a problem. Switching to IE often helps, but not necessarily in all cases. I have also had one user report this issue with using Google Chrome, and switching to IE to actually print the tags resolved the problem.** UPDATE ** 9/18/2011Users on Macs are reporting that printing their tags in Google Chrome rather than Safari or Firefox resolves the issue for them.
Can I bring my stroller/diaper bag/large purse to the sale to shop?
Sad to say, but DUE TO THEFT.. we have to tighten down with our security.
Yes, you can bring a stroller into the sale, but with ONLY YOUR BABY IN IT.
Your diaper bag has to be either kept in the car, or CHECKED at our door.. as I actually caught more that 1 person taking items from our moms in their diaper bags.
Leave your LARGE purse or BACKPACK at home and just bring your wallet. We do have a check in at the door if you want to leave these items there, but it would be best if you just left them at home.
Your children need to be with you at all times due to liability issues, (hanging on racks, running under racks, playing with toys).
Thank you for understanding these items at our sale are from families, like yours, just trying to make some money on their gently used items, respect them as if they were your own. THANKS!
I'm volunteering. Can my hubby, sister or mom volunteer too? Will it count towards my shift and an increased percentage of items sold?
IF someone else volunteers for you, please email me and let me know as I want to make sure the person would be suited for the day and time you are planning on volunteering. It would count towards your shifts and an increase in the percentage of items sold. IF someone doesn’t show for their shift, they are placed on a PROHIBITED list and are unable to volunteer at our sale again.
OUR whole sale runs totally by VOLUNTEERS ONLY!! No one is paid a wage, just a percent based on the consigned items sold.
CONSIGNORS, VENDORS & VOLUNTEER SCHEDULE
May 6th-10th - Volunteer Giveaways!
Monday, May 6th - $10.00 Dutch Brothers Gift Card
Tuesday, May 7th - $10.00 Starbucks Gift Card
Wednesday, May 8th - $10.00 Baby's Bottom Dollar Credit
Thursday, May 9th - $10.00 Baby's Bottom Dollar Credit
Friday, May 10th - $10.00 Consignor Fee Refund
Monday May 13th
9AM-8PM: Consignor Drop off times
Tuesday May 14th
- 12 PM – Volunteers working 10 shifts or more start shopping
- 12:15 PM – 5 shifts
- 12:30 PM – 4 shifts
- 12:45 PM – 3 shifts
- 1 PM – 2 shifts
- 1:15 PM – 1 shift
Want to shop early? Grab your Presale Pass before we open to the public! Are you a first responder, teacher or nurse? Click for a HEROES time to shop. Are you a Foster Parent, expecting a child, or have a baby under 1 year old? Click for New Moms and Foster parents time to shop!
Wednesday, October 3rd
9AM to 7PM: Open to the Public
Thursday, May 16th
9AM to 7PM: Open to the public
Friday, May 17th
9AM to 7PM: Open to the public
5PM to 7PM: Consignors shop 25% off Items marked REDUCE only
Saturday May 18th
10AM to 7PM: Open to the public. 25% off Items marked REDUCE only
5PM to 7PM: Consignors shop 50% off Items marked REDUCE only
Sunday, May 19th
9am-4pm Open to the public. 50% off Items marked REDUCE only
4PM Vendors cleanup
Monday, May 20th
1:00pm-8pm Consignor Pickup
Spring 2019 Schedule
5.6-5.10.2019 - Giveaways for Volunteers
5.14.2019 - 12pm VIP Shopping for Volunteers. 2 pm Consignor shop early.
- Want to shop early? Grab your Presale Pass before we open to the public! Are you a first responder, teacher or nurse? Click for a HEROES time to shop. Are you a Foster Parent, expecting a child, or have a baby under 1 year old? Click for New Moms and Foster parents time to shop!
5.15.2019 9am to 7pm public shop
5.16.2019 9am to 7PM Shopping open to the public
5.17.2019 9AM to 7PM Shopping open to the public;
5-7PM Consignors shop 25% off Items marked REDUCE only)
5.18.2019 9AM to 7PM Shopping open to the public - 25% off Items marked REDUCE only
5-7PM Consignors shop 50% off Items marked REDUCE only)
5.19.2019 9AM to 4PM Shopping open to the public, 50% off (Items marked REDUCE only)
Oregon State Fairgrounds - Columbia Hall
2330 17th Street NE, Salem OR 97301