Drop Off/Pick up Instructions
Next Sale: May 15th-19th 2019. Oregon State Fairgrounds
Drop off Instructions
1. Arrange clothing according to gender and size (rubber band sizes together) before your drop off. This makes it MUCH easier for us, and speeds up your drop off time! You will need to sort them in sizes and gender at drop off if you did not do so ahead of time! So save yourself some time and us too!! Place your clothing on the rolling racks by size and gender, LEAVE YOUR CLOTHING RUBBERBANDED TOGETHER. Place all your other items out on the floor in their appropriate places. If you have LARGE HEAVY items, (anything that wouldn’t fit into an IKEA bag comfortably) fill out at PINK tag at the PINK tag table, a volunteer will walk you through the process. Also anything that is expensive to YOU, can get a PINK tag as well. Expensive shoes, place a filled out PINK tag on one shoe and place your cosignor number on a sticker inside the other shoe. The Pink tagged shoe will go out on the rack and the other one will go behind the registers, THIS IS also explained at the PINK tag table for you.
2. Bring items already priced & on PLASTIC hangers, NO DRYCLEANER WIRE HANGERS are accepted. Make sure your tags are properly formatted and attached as the instructions show. You must have everything on its hangers by drop off/check-in.
3. Plan to unload all your bins at drop off, take YOUR bins/boxes home with you, leaving only your items to sell! Plan to bring your own plastic bins/boxes back at pick-up to collect your unsold items! If you are planning to donate all of your unsold items then disregard this instruction.
4. In order to keep our sale running smoothly while keeping it CLEAN and ORGANIZED we now have some guidelines to keep us ALL accountable:
If you show up at drop off with more than 10 UNACCEPTABLE items (dirty, stained, broken, recalled, games/puzzles missing pieces, dead or no batteries in toys, etc) you will be placed on a prohibited consignor list and will only be allowed to bring 50 items to the next sale you participate in.
Hopefully, no one will fall into this category, but we all need to be accountable. Thank you for helping us all out by checking your items carefully. Try different lighting in your home, also sunlight (when we have it) shows stains quite well. Daylight bulbs are great too!
Wipe down all toys and books of food, etc.
A clean and organized sale is really what we all want to shop.
So bring your best, always bring your BEST of EVERYTHING you bring to the sale!
Don’t forget you need to SIGN UP for a drop off time.. and the drop off schedule closes when inventory closes! >
What Can/Can't I Sell?
We DO accept the following:
- Clothing that pertains to the SEASON of the sale.
- Children’s Clothing (infant thru size 16): including hats, socks, and other accessories.
- Maternity & Nursing Clothes
- Swimwear all year round! As well as footed PJ’s
- Baby Equipment (must be thoroughly cleaned): high chairs, strollers, backpacks, gates, car seats, etc.
- Baby Furniture: cribs,(must be manufactured after July 2011) toddler beds, dressers, bassinets, cradles, rocking chairs, changing table, etc.
- Large & Small Outdoor Toys: slides, play houses, sand boxes, play structures, ride-on toys, wagons, etc.
- Shoes (in Excellent Condition)
- Baby Essentials: bottles, diapers, diaper wraps, wipe warmers, etc.
- Feeding/Nursing supplies/pumps/bathing supplies
- Books, Video’s, DVD’s & more
- Home Goods
- Basically, ANYTHING that has to do with a baby, kid, or pregnancy that is NOT recalled or distasteful!
We DO NOT accept:
- Stained or torn clothing
- FOR Fall /Winter sales: NO shorts, tanks, OBVIOUS SUMMER CLOTHES
- FOR Spring/Summer sales: NO Ski boots, Ski bibs, BIG HEAVY WINTER COATS.
- Clothing older than 5 years.
- Battery operated items without batteries (buyers must be assured the item works properly) if you bring a toy without batteries in it, it will be donated!
- Shoes that show signs of wear or that are stained
- Broken items or items with missing pieces
- R-Rated VHS or DVD’s
- Music CD’s with explicit lyrics
- Stuffed Animals- Exceptions are Disney Characters & Build-a-Bear Animals
- DROP sided cribs… due to safety concerns
- Clothing or any items with any smell of smoke or animals
Pick up Instructions
- Drive into the building to pick up your items. You will be given a laminated card. Follow the instructions carefully. After you get all your items, bring that checked off card to the final station, where you will get your $$$ Money and finalize the sale.
- You will be guided by a volunteeer to your consignor number and items. GO THROUGH ALL YOUR ITEMS and make sure they are indeed all yours! Search through the Items WITHOUT tags section to claim any lost items that are yours, and the stained rack if you are missing items. A volunteer will go through every item before you place them in your car. DON’T LOAD YOUR CAR UNTIL SOMEONE HAS DOUBLE CHECKED THAT THOSE INDEED ARE YOUR ITEMS. That volunteer will then check off your card and you can load and then check out with us.
- BEST part.. Final closure, Sign out to get your check!
- All items that are not picked up, will be donated to our charity
- All checks will be personally handed out at pick up, otherwise mailed within the week after the sale ends.
CONSIGNORS, VENDORS & VOLUNTEER SCHEDULE
May 6th-10th - Volunteer Giveaways!
Monday, May 6th - $10.00 Dutch Brothers Gift Card
Tuesday, May 7th - $10.00 Starbucks Gift Card
Wednesday, May 8th - $10.00 Baby's Bottom Dollar Credit
Thursday, May 9th - $10.00 Baby's Bottom Dollar Credit
Friday, May 10th - $10.00 Consignor Fee Refund
Monday May 13th
9AM-8PM: Consignor Drop off times
Tuesday May 14th
- 12 PM – Volunteers working 10 shifts or more start shopping
- 12:15 PM – 5 shifts
- 12:30 PM – 4 shifts
- 12:45 PM – 3 shifts
- 1 PM – 2 shifts
- 1:15 PM – 1 shift
Want to shop early? Grab your Presale Pass before we open to the public! Are you a first responder, teacher or nurse? Click for a HEROES time to shop. Are you a Foster Parent, expecting a child, or have a baby under 1 year old? Click for New Moms and Foster parents time to shop!
Wednesday, October 3rd
9AM to 7PM: Open to the Public
Thursday, May 16th
9AM to 7PM: Open to the public
Friday, May 17th
9AM to 7PM: Open to the public
5PM to 7PM: Consignors shop 25% off Items marked REDUCE only
Saturday May 18th
10AM to 7PM: Open to the public. 25% off Items marked REDUCE only
5PM to 7PM: Consignors shop 50% off Items marked REDUCE only
Sunday, May 19th
9am-4pm Open to the public. 50% off Items marked REDUCE only
4PM Vendors cleanup
Monday, May 20th
1:00pm-8pm Consignor Pickup
Spring 2019 Schedule
5.6-5.10.2019 - Giveaways for Volunteers
5.14.2019 - 12pm VIP Shopping for Volunteers. 2 pm Consignor shop early.
- Want to shop early? Grab your Presale Pass before we open to the public! Are you a first responder, teacher or nurse? Click for a HEROES time to shop. Are you a Foster Parent, expecting a child, or have a baby under 1 year old? Click for New Moms and Foster parents time to shop!
5.15.2019 9am to 7pm public shop
5.16.2019 9am to 7PM Shopping open to the public
5.17.2019 9AM to 7PM Shopping open to the public;
5-7PM Consignors shop 25% off Items marked REDUCE only)
5.18.2019 9AM to 7PM Shopping open to the public - 25% off Items marked REDUCE only
5-7PM Consignors shop 50% off Items marked REDUCE only)
5.19.2019 9AM to 4PM Shopping open to the public, 50% off (Items marked REDUCE only)
Oregon State Fairgrounds - Columbia Hall
2330 17th Street NE, Salem OR 97301